Sunday, January 29, 2012

It was a beautiful sunny day in Ocean Grove yesterday! It was so refreshing after some rainy, dark and cloudy days. I decided to take some time out from the daily tasks and spend some time outdoors, basking in the sunlight and seeking the Lord. What better place to commune with Him than outdoors amid His creation? The refreshing ocean breezes are a reminder of His Holy Spirit which refreshes and renews us.

                                                                                                            
As I was sitting upon a bench in the park, I was thinking about my relationship with the Lord and the things which He is speaking to my heart. I felt the warmth of the sun on my face and my eyes were blinded by it's rays. It reminded me of what we have in Jesus, the warmth of the Holy Spirit as He indwells us and the radiance of His glory which shines upon us. It makes all other things dim in comparison. It wipes out the darkness which so easily entangles us. What greater joy is there than this fellowship we share with Him and in Him!  What joyous fellowship we share together! We all have our different stories of how we have come to this faith in Him, but we all have found common ground and a meeting place at the foot of His cross. 

 I'm drawn to the book of 1 John ......"This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with Him and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin."

Yes, this is the message we have heard from Him and which we need to declare. In Psalm 36:9 we read "For with You is the fountain of life; In Your light we see light." Let us dwell in the light of Jesus!

John writes in His first epistle...."that which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ. And these things we write to you that your joy may be full."

In the same way, I also share with you what I have seen and heard of Him, that we might have this fellowship together in Him. I write these things as well, that your joy might be made full!

Let us keep in His presence, let us stay in His Light.....for with Him is the fountain of life and joy everlasting!







1 comment: